I tried a TikTok hack to give myself FRECKLES – I was left temporarily blinded and scarred, don’t make the same mistake

AN AUSTRALIAN reality TV star has revealed how she was left temporarily blinded and with scarring after attempting to give herself freckles using a TikTok beauty hack.

Big Brother's Tilly Whitfeld, 21, previously explained that she kept appearing on screen in a blue clay face mask to cover up redness on her nose and cheeks – but has now admitted that she was trying to achieve a sun-kissed look at home when the accident happened.

Speaking to The New York Times, the contestant disclosed which DIY treatment had caused the sore-looking reaction.

Applying faux freckles has become popular on social media – with some beauty fans resorting to using a sewing needle to prick the skin with ink, leaving results that last around six months.

Inspired by a clip she had seen online – but unclear as exactly which product to use – Tilly took a punt and ordered brown tattoo ink from eBay.

Of the process, she recalled: "It didn't hurt at all, so I didn't think I should stop."


However, it turned out Tilly had bought ink containing "high levels of lead".

The star, from Sydney, has since spent around £8,500 on finding a solution – but to no avail.

She added: "The main response has been that I'm stupid, and, yeah, I agree."

It comes after images of her scarred face shocked social media users.



After being asked by fans why she was wearing a blue clay mask on Big Brother, Tilly revealed that it was to soothe redness she had acquired via a beauty accident.

Captioning an Instagram post, she wrote: "For those asking why I have my blue clay face mask on continuously through out the show this is what my face looked like a week prior to entering the house, hence why I always have makeup on and my skin is always covered.



“This is the result of attempting to remove scarring I inflicted on myself trying to replicate an at home beauty procedure I saw on a TikTok video two months before Big Brother.”

At the time, all Tilly disclosed was that the treatment she had attempted involved at-home acupuncture.

As well as scarring, the student also ended up temporarily blinded in one eye.


Tilly added: “Please please don’t try any DIY or at home beauty procedures.

“I ended up in hospital with temporary loss of vision in my eye due to swelling and was very sick from the infection, not to mention my face was somewhat unrecognisable. Leave it to the professionals."

In other beauty news, we told you how Laura Mercier has relaunched their iconic Tinted Moisturiser Oil Free.

We also revealed a woman's genius hack to get perfect glowing skin without fake tan.

And a hairdresser fixes botched balayage in amazing transformation.

    Source: Read Full Article