Home » Celebrities » Disney held unsuccessful mediation talks with alleged sexual-assault victims
Disney held unsuccessful mediation talks with alleged sexual-assault victims
Fox Business Flash top headlines for August 31
Check out what’s clicking on FoxBusiness.com.
Walt Disney Co. and its ABC unit held unsuccessful mediation talks in June with the two women who have alleged they were sexually assaulted by a former ABC News executive, people with knowledge of the matter said.
The claims against the executive, former "Good Morning America" producer Michael Corn, surfaced last week in a lawsuit filed by one of the women, ABC News producer Kirstyn Crawford. Mr. Corn has denied wrongdoing and called the allegations fabrications.
THE WALT DISNEY CO.
The suit also named ABC as a defendant, alleging that the network had received complaints about Mr. Corn's conduct from several women over roughly a decade but failed to take disciplinary action.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON FOX BUSINESS
The mediation talks came after Disney concluded an investigation into the women's allegations against Mr. Corn, people close to the company and the alleged victims said.
Mr. Corn was pushed out by ABC News in April, the people said. When Mr. Corn left the company after a nearly two-decade tenure, neither he nor ABC gave a reason for his departure.
An attorney for Mr. Corn didn't respond to requests for comment on Sunday.
ABC News said in a statement last week that it "disputes the claims made against it and will address this matter in court."