Jedward claim ‘there is nothing good on TV today’ as Prince Philip’s funeral takes over channels
Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox
As Prince Philip's funeral service took over the television networks, Jedward admitted they had been left with nothing to watch on Saturday afternoon.
The singers, who recently hit out at Simon Cowell with a series of furious posts, took to Twitter to share their feelings.
A post on their account read: "There seems to be nothing good on TV today," along with a face palm emoji.
John and Edward, 29, quickly deleted the message – but that didn't stop angry Royal enthusiasts slamming their ill-timed tweet.
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
One Twitter user commented: "Proof if you need it that jedward are indeed on a different planet."
A second added: "jedward acting like they didn't post a tribute for him too."
Prince Philip passed away on 9 April and was laid to rest with a funeral at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday afternoon.
The televised ceremony was attended by just 30 guests, who all wore face coverings, in order to comply with the ongoing Coronavirus lockdown restrictions.
The Queen, Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William and Kate Middleton were among the senior members of the Royal Family in attendance.
Princes Harry and William show unbreakable brotherly bond as they reunite at Prince Philip's funeral
The Queen wears special brooch gifted to her by Queen Mary for Prince Philip's funeral
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
Prince Harry also flew from his home in California to the UK for the funeral, after previously deciding to step down as a senior member of the Royal family.
The funeral marked the first time Harry, 36, has been reunited with his family since his tell-all interview with wife Meghan Markle. Harry was been in isolation at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor ahead of the service.
The Duke of Sussex is understood to have had a close relationship with his grandfather, who was 99 when he passed away on Friday 9 April.
But, according to reports, the bond became strained following Harry and 39 year old Meghan’s decision to step down from their roles as senior royals.
Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone
It’s also been claimed that the strain worsened when Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey was aired, during which the couple claimed a member of the Firm asked what colour their son Archie’s skin would be before his birth.
As the pair reportedly shared regrets over the explosive interview, Harry was said to be under "intense scrutiny", according to royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams.
Richard told the Daily Star: "Prince Harry and William, Harry in particular, will be under intense scrutiny, as they should be.
"The interview was unprecedented and it damaged the Royal Family’s reputation.
"It was just two months ago he and Meghan sat down with Oprah and it hasn’t been long enough for the British public to forgive."
Source: Read Full Article