Kelly Ripa says it’s ‘really hard’ not being with Mark Consuelos for her 50th birthday: ‘Maybe I’ll just wait until next year’
- Kelly Ripa spoke to Insider about how she plans on spending her upcoming 50th birthday on Friday.
- The "Live With Kelly and Ryan" cohost, who's promoting her partnership with Persona Nutrition, told us that it'll be "really hard" celebrating the milestone without husband Mark Consuelos (who's in Vancouver filming season five of "Riverdale") or their other family members.
- The talk show host said that her birthday will most likely be "very simple and probably quiet," and she'll spend the day with her kids.
- Ripa said that she might wait until 2021 to have a proper celebration.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Kelly Ripa opened up to Insider about her plans for her 50th birthday on Friday and said that it'll be challenging not being with husband Mark Consuelos or other family members.
"It's really hard because our parents are older, so Mark's parents can't be here, my parents can't be here," Ripa, who's promoting her partnership with Persona Nutrition, told us.
"Mark is in Vancouver and he can't come home because they have a very strict quarantine situation there. They're filming 'Riverdale,'" she continued, referring to Consuelos' role as Hiram Lodge on the hit CW series.
Production for season five of "Riverdale" recently resumed in Canada, with the cast members following COVID-19 guidelines to work safely.
Ripa said that due to the constraints, she'll probably have a low-key celebration with her kids: daughter Lola and sons Michael and Joaquin.
"It'll be very simple and probably quiet and we'll have fun," the "Live With Kelly and Ryan" cohost told us. "We always have fun. We don't need a big thing. I'm not big on parties for myself anyway. I love celebrating other people, but when it comes to myself, it always feels so self-indulgent."'
Ripa went on to say that she didn't realize her birthday was coming up until Ryan Seacrest mentioned it.
"It's a little strange to have a milestone birthday during the pandemic," she said, adding that she'd be open to doing an extra-special celebration in 2021, if possible.
"Maybe I'll just wait until next year to have a proper party for the 50th, Ripa told us. "We'll call it the 50 plus, who knows."
Source: Read Full Article