Book a holiday to a 'green' list country, including Portugal & Gibraltar from £105pp
THE UK's 'green' list of travel destinations has finally been revealed – so Brits know where they can jet off on holiday quarantine-free.
European destinations that have made the 'green' list include Portugal and Gibraltar.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
As part of the traffic light system, countries have been classified as either green, amber, or red, depending on the state of the pandemic and rate of vaccinations.
Brits who travel to "green" list countries will be able to return to England without quarantine restrictions but will require a pre-flight Covid test as well as a PCR test on day two of returning to the UK.
The destinations that have made the 'green' list have kept their Covid cases low and/or have had vaccination drives that are progressing quickly.
Portugal has kept cases low while Gibraltar has vaccinated all adults in the country, meaning both European destinations have been deemed low-risk.
For those wanting to jet off later this year, we've found cheap holiday deals to the 'green' list countries, starting from just £105 per person.
- Easyjet Holidays 3-nights June 3* Hotel Bristol bed and breakfast from £253pp
- Thomas Cook 3-night July Hotel Elliott bed and breakfast from £312pp
- British Airways Holidays 4* Hotel Rock 3-nights June from £332pp
- Travel Republic 3-night July holidays from £235pp
- Lastminute.com 3-night July holidays from £105pp
- Easyjet Holidays 7-night Algarve holidays in June from £256pp
- TUI Algarve deals in September and October from £290pp
- Jet2 Holidays September 7-night self-catering holidays from £364pp
- Jet2 Holidays September 7-night all-inclusive holidays from £499pp
- Easyjet Holidays 7-night stay at Mirachoro II apartments Praia da Rocha in June from £256pp
- Thomas Cook September 7-nights self-catering holidays from £206pp
- Love Holidays 7-night holidays in July from £131pp
- Travel Republic 7-night holidays in July from £231pp
Prices were correct at time of publishing.
May 17 is the start date for holidays abroad, as the Government continues to ease the lockdown restrictions and the Commons Transport Committee says the travel industry needs time to prepare.
Only Portugal, Gibraltar and Israel are the short-haul destinations on the green list. It also includes Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Brunei, Iceland and the Faroe Islands and the Falklands.
Countries on the 'amber' list include much of Europe – including Spain and Greece.
Those countries that are on the "amber" list require a negative Covid test before arrival in the UK, plus two further tests once in the country and a ten-day quarantine at home.
Arrivals from "red" list countries would have to isolate at a quarantine hotel for 10 days, at a cost of £1,750.
If you're looking for more foreign holiday inspiration, we've found cheap all inclusive holidays for this summer and there are many cheap package holidays.
For breaks in the UK, holiday parks are offering huge bargains and we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
We've also rounded up great deals in the UK's warmest places and found the best kid-friendly beaches and England's best family-friendly seaside towns.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article