Chef Wolfgang Puck's The Event Goes Behind the Scenes of A-List Parties—Get a First Look
Ever wonder what it takes to cater star-studded events like the Academy Awards? Well celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck is giving fans an inside look at how it all comes together.
The Event, a new docuseries premiering on HBO Max on Jan. 14, takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the fast-paced Wolfgang Puck Catering company, where his team handles some of Hollywood's largest parties.
The four-episode series showcases a variety of events — including the SAG Awards and HBO's Westworld premiere party — from inception to execution. Along the way, viewers will learn industry secrets as they follow Puck through each affair — but, of course, not everything goes according to plan.
Related: The Oscars Governors Ball Will Be '70% Plant Based' This Year
"With every single event, things go wrong. It's the nature of our business," says catering sales manager Pamela Pimiento in the trailer above.
No matter what, the crew always manages to handle mishaps with poise, adds Puck. "I can have the best food, but if I don't have good people it won't get you very far," he says.
Wolfgang Puck's Cheeseburger Sliders
Before the world shut down last March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, one of the last major events Puck put on was the Oscars Governors Ball, which he has catered for the past 26 years.
The dinner party, held after the Oscars telecast, featured a menu that was 70 percent plant-based in an attempt to be more environmentally friendly. The remaining 30 percent of the menu offered vegetarian, meat and fish items.
Watch the full trailer for The Event above, and tune in when it premieres on HBO Max on Jan. 14.
Source: Read Full Article