Chelsea news LIVE:

CHELSEA players are back on the training pitch ahead of the Premier League's return on June 17.

It's set to be a frantic summer of activity at Stamford Bridge, and we've the very latest on prospective moves for Pedro, Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze.

Follow all the latest updates and transfer gossip from the Bridge below…

  • LU BEAUTY

    Former Chelsea star David Luiz looks set to remain at Arsenal after the player's agent Kia Joorabchian revealed the Brazilian has no desire to depart the club.

    Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: “He's very happy at Arsenal. He has an extremely good relationship with both the coach and the sporting director.

    “He has good relationships all throughout the club, right up to the owner. He respects everybody.

    “Arsenal had an option, which expired. We also had a pandemic [coronavirus]. So the option expired in the middle of the pandemic.”

    Before adding: “That will come before the season starts. The chances are very high [of Luiz being at Arsenal next season]. There is no desire to leave.”

  • HAVE A CROS WORD

    Cristiano Ronaldo and Pedro could soon be team-mates with the Spain star rumoured to be a Juventus transfer target this summer.

    But it could be a tense reunion for the players who were bitter rivals during their Real Madrid and Barcelona heydays.

    One of the last times the pair faced each other was during Barca’s famous 5-0 thumping of Madrid back in the 2010-11 LaLiga season.

    During the ill-tempered clash Pedro is reported to have mocked the Portugal captain over the fact he’s yet to win a World Cup.

    The Spaniard’s taunt of “I’m a world champion” was uttered in response to Ronaldo’s attempt to wind the winger up by sarcastically asking him “who are you?”

    The pair’s argument followed a brawl that began when Ronaldo shoved former Nou Camp boss Pep Guardiola after he refused to hand him the match ball.

  • TELL ME ABOUT IT

    Chelsea are on course to beat French giants Paris St Germain in the battle to sign Porto defender Alex Telles, reports claim.

    Blues boss Frank Lampard, who hopes to solve the club’s left-back dilemma, had initially been eyeing Ben Chilwell as an option.

    However, Leicester City’s £50million valuation is believed to be too pricey for their top-four rivals.

    Telles, who’s had a great season so far for Porto, netting ten times in 40 appearances, is seen as an ideal choice for Chelsea’s left-back vacancy.

    The 27-year-old, whose attacking talents have drawn the attention of Europe’s top sides, also provided nine assists across all competitions.

    Porto could be ready to cash in on the Brazilian this summer with his contract ending in 2021.

  • 'NOT A HAT-TRICK'

    German football expert Raphael Honigstein explained why Jadon Sancho's three-goal haul for Dortmund against Paderborn yesterday is NOT considered a hat-trick in the Bundesliga.

    He told BBC Radio 5 Live: “In Germany, for some reason, we don't consider this a proper hat-trick.

    “It needs to be in one half, but also, nobody scoring in between.

    “We are so German we don't consider it a hat-trick.

    “Haaland doesn't care. I saw him going off with the match ball.”

  • MAKING A STAND

    Callum Hudson-Odoi has hailed Jadon Sancho for throwing his support behind the Black Lives Matter movement.

    Dortmund winger and Chelsea target Sancho unveiled a t-shirt saying “Justice for George Floyd” after the American was killed by a white policeman in Minneapolis last week.

  • IT'S IN THE GAME

    Empty Premier League football grounds could use noise from Fifa 20 to replicate the atmosphere generated by fans.

    With 92 games still remaining in the English top-flight season, the sounds from EA Sports’ top-selling game is due to be discussed by clubs.

    German clubs have placed cutouts of fans in the stands and some broadcasts have had fan noise clips placed in for effect.

    Fifa 20 has over 10 million players and remains the world’s most popular soccer game, ahead of Pro Evolution Soccer.

    And 450million matches of the game have been played worldwide.

    So fans might be forgiven for chucking their controller around if their team concedes!

  • BAYER'S MARKET

    Kia Joorabchian has revealed that Bayern Munich are STILL in pole position to keep Philippe Coutinho.

    The Barcelona-owned attacker is on the radar of Chelsea and Arsenal, as well as other leading clubs.

    The agent said: “It’s up to Bayern Munich whether or not they want to extend the loan.

    “It’s purely Bayern’s decision, we have a will to stay, and we will see about next season when we get back to this ‘new’ normal.

    “We’ve had some conversations with Bayern about next season [already].”

  • TALKS 'NOT HAPPENED'

    Willian’s agent has NOT spoken to either Arsenal or Spurs.

    The Brazilian’s contract runs out at the end of the season with the club unwilling to give players over 30 more than one-year deals.

    Kia Joorabchian told Sky Sports: “Willian wanted to sign a three-year contract to achieve things he wanted to achieve over the next three years, and see where his career take him from there.

    “Chelsea's policy [for players over 30] only allows two [years], so that's where the stumbling block was.

    “At the moment he is a Chelsea player and has a contract with Chelsea until the season is over, so it is disrespectful to talk about him moving to other clubs.

    “We have not spoken to Tottenham or any other club.”

  • COUNTING THE COST

    Diego Costa is set to go to trial in three days’ time for tax fraud.

    The 31-year-old former Chelsea striker is accused of defrauding the state in Spain for more than £813,000 and not declaring £4.19million from his 2014 switch to Cehlsea.

    Prosecutors in Spain are angling for a six-month prison sentence and a £457,000 fine.

  • MORNING CHELSEA FANS

    The Blues are leading the race to sign Villarreal star Samuel Chukwueze, due to the fact he has supported them since childhood.

    The Nigerian, 21, has four goals and four assists for the Yellow Submarine this season.

    Meanwhile, Lille owner Gerard Lopez has revealed that Chelsea target Victor Osimhen will cost £70million this summer.

    In other news, Timo Werner will move to Chelsea or Manchester United – but only if Liverpool won't meet his £49million release clause with RB Leipzig.

    The German striker has already snubbed a move to Bayern Munich as he wants to try out the Premier League.

    Both Chelsea and United want the forward, who has scored 31 goals in 43 games this season.

    According to Sky Sport Italia journalist Fabrizio Romano Werner will accept a move to London or Manchester – but only if the Merseyside outfit pull the plug on a deal.

    Chelsea have also been boosted by the news that Lyon are ready to let Moussa Dembele go for £45million, with Frank Lampard attempting to convince Marina Granovskaia to make it happen.

    And finally, Juventus are on the hunt for yet more free transfer after joining the race to sign Chelsea forward Pedro.

    The Spaniard's contract expires at the end of the season, and the 32-year-old has already confirmed his five-year stay at Stamford Bridge will come to a close.

  • LET'S PLAY BALL

    The Sky Bet Championship is set for a June 20 resumption after the English Football League agreed on a provisional return date.

    The Premier League announced on Thursday that play is due to return on June 17 following the coronavirus suspension that began in mid-March.

    The EFL followed suit on Sunday evening, announcing that the Championship is set to restart around the same time.

    In a statement, the EFL said: “Following Saturday's announcement by the Government to allow elite sporting events to return behind closed doors, the EFL has this weekend agreed to a provisional restart date of the weekend of 20 June 2020 for matches in the Sky Bet Championship.

    “The date is subject to the strict proviso that all safety requirements and Government guidance is met; and that clubs receive clearance from their local authorities in order to stage matches at their home grounds.

    “After discussing various approaches, and, the importance of completing the season in a similar timeline to that of the Premier League to avoid any potential issues with promoted and relegated clubs, the Sky Bet Championship season is set to conclude with the Championship play-off final on or around 30 July 2020.

    “Final details are still to be confirmed following further discussions with the League's Broadcast partner, Sky Sports.”

  • ZIG ZAG

    Tim Werner will move to Chelsea or Manchester United – but only if Liverpool won't meet his £49million release clause with RB Leipzig.

    Reds boss Jurgen Klopp wanted the 24-year-old Germany striker but the deal has hit red tape with Anfield chiefs not willing to pay more than £30m.

    Werner had already snubbed a move to Bayern Munich as he wants to try out the Premier League.

    He had set his heart on a move to Anfield but could now be forced to look elsewhere.

    Both Chelsea and United want the forward, who has scored 31 goals in 43 games this season.

    According to Sky Sport Italia journalist Fabrizio Romano Werner will accept a move to London or Manchester – but only if the Merseysiders pull the plug on a deal.

  • CRY NO MOUR

    Jose Mourinho has told players worried about the season restarting to stop being selfish and get on with it.

    The Tottenham boss admitted last week he was worried about players getting injured by the rush to resume the campaign.

    But after the Government gave the green light for the Premier League to return on June 17, the Special One seems to have changed his mind.

    He said: “We shouldn’t be selfish, we shouldn’t demand too much. It’s our time to give.

    “Everyone has pre-season injuries in normal seasons so we cannot expect now not to have an injury here and there.

    “We cannot ask for more than the authorities are giving us, which is maximum security.

    “I think now it’s time just to play and to give people what they want.”

  • 'WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM'

    Jadon Sancho has been “affected” by transfer speculation – according to Borussia Dortmund's assistant coach AND a team-mate.

    The BVB forward is to starting his first game today since Dortmund returned to Bundesliga action earlier this month.

    Ahead of that clash with Paderborn, the German giants' No2 Edin Terzic told Turkish TV channel TRT Sport: “He’s a young player and is one of our most important players.

    “I have to say that, the transfer speculations are affecting him.

    “We have to support him in a positive way. I want all of our players to be happy.”

    United have emerged as frontrunners for £100million-rated Sancho after the 20-year-old was linked with Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

  • CHELSEA ROUND-UP

    After no positive tests for coronavirus in the latest round of Premier League testing, Project Restart is starting to gather pace.

    Chelsea's players are back on the training pitch and now in contact training, with only N'Golo Kane currently sitting things out.

    On the transfer front, Juventus are on the hunt for yet more free transfer joy after joining the race to sign Blues forward Pedro.

    The Spaniard's contract expires at the end of the season, and the 32-year-old has already confirmed his five-year stay at Stamford Bridge will come to a close.

    And after speculation Roma are preparing to offer Pedro a move to Italy, Serie A champions Juve are the latest to express interest in the winger.

    Meanwhile, Chelsea are leading the race to sign Villrreal star Samuel Chukwueze, because he has supported them since childhood.

    The Nigerian, 21, has four goals and four assists for the Yellow Submarine this season.

    According to AS, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal have all been keeping tabs on the right winger.

    And finally, Lille owner Gerard Lopez has revealed that Chelsea target Victor Osimhen will cost £70million this summer.

    The Blues, Spurs and Newcastle have been linked with the 21-year-old as they look to bolster their striking options.

    Osimhen has netted 18 goals in Ligue 1 this season after joining from Belgian side Sporting Charleroi last summer for around £10m.

Source: Read Full Article