Christian Eriksen released from hospital after successful operation and says he's 'doing well' six days after collapse
CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN has been released from hospital following a successful operation – with the Denmark star saying he's 'doing well' just six days after his horror collapse.
The Inter Milan midfielder, 29, left the globe in a state of shock after he collapsed on the pitch in the first-half of last week's 1-0 defeat to Finland.
Eriksen was given CPR on the pitch and rushed to hospital after suffering what turned out to be a cardiac arrest.
But just six days on from the terrifying ordeal, Eriksen has been discharged from hospital after his operation – believed to be the fitting of a 'heart-starting device' called an ICD to prevent any future cardiac arrests.
The former Tottenham man added he is 'doing well' having previously giving fans the thumbs up on Instagram.
In a statement, Denmark's official Twitter account released an encouraging update.
It read: "Christian Eriksen has been through a successful operation and was today discharged from [hospital].
"Today he has also visited the national team in Helsingor – and from there he will go home and spend time with his family."
Eriksen himself added: "Thank you for the massive number of greetings.
"It has been incredible to see and feel.
EURO 2020 FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
"The operation went well and I am doing well under the circumstances.
"It was really great to see the guys again after the fantastic game they played last night.
"No need to say that I will be cheering them on against Russia on Monday."
With just 40 minutes gone in Denmark's tournament opener against Finland last Saturday, Eriksen collapsed to the turf with no-one around him.
Captain Simon Kjaer rushed to save Eriksen's life by ensuring his airways were open before instructing his team to form a protective barrier around him.
As Kjaer went to console Eriksen's wife, medics performed CPR and used a defibrillator in a desperate fight to save the former Tottenham star's life.
Team doctor Morten Boesen confirmed he 'was gone' with man fearing the worst.
German doctor Jens Kleinefeld treated Eriksen revealed the player's first, X-rated words after the collapse.
Kleinefeld told Fox Sports: "About 30 seconds later, the player opened his eyes and I could talk to him directly.
"That was a very moving moment, because in such medical emergencies in everyday life, the chances of success are much lower."
Kleinefeld asked Eriksen: "Well, are you back with us?"
Eriksen replied: "Yes, I am back with you. For f***'s sake, I'm only 29 years old."
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
Source: Read Full Article