Freddie Mercury quiz: How much do you know about Freddie Mercury?
Freddie Mercury: Peter Freestone opens up on star’s final days
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Freddie Mercury is credited with being the main songwriter of Queen. He and two of his bandmates Brian May and Roger Taylor came together first, before enlisting John Deacon to complete the quartet. They performed together for years until Freddie died – but how much knowledge of the singer do you know?
Freddie Mercury, surprisingly, is not the singer’s real name, and one he changed when he arrived in the UK.
After that, he had various jobs and talents, but music was clearly his calling, and soon the band Queen formed.
Freddie and the band’s songs were hugely popular, and still are today, with the band continuing with another singer after Freddie’s death.
But how much do you know about Freddie, and can you ace the Express.co.uk quiz?
READ MORE: Beatles George Martin: How did The Beatles meet George Martin?
1. What was Freddie Mercury’s real name?
2. How many siblings did Freddie have? Can you name them?
3. What was Freddie’s birthdate?
4. Who was Freddie’s long-term girlfriend, and later close confidante?
5. With which Queen member did Freddie own a clothing stall before Queen?
6. In what country was Freddie born?
7. Which opera singer did Freddie make the album Barcelona with in 1988?
8. How many solo albums did Freddie release?
9. Who won an Oscar for his portrayal of Freddie?
10. Where was Freddie Mercury’s last appearance with Queen?
11. What is the date Freddie died?
12. Which American Idol singer has sung with Queen in recent years after Freddie’s death?
1. Farrokh Bulsara
2. 1 – a sister, Kashmira
3. September 5, 1946
4. Mary Austin
5. Roger Taylor
6. Zanzibar (modern day Tanzania)
7. Montserrat Caballé
9. Rami Malek
10. Collecting a BRIT Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music with Queen in 1990
11. November 24, 1991
12. Adam Lambert
Source: Read Full Article