Homeowners share their DIY renovations that went VERY wrong
Home disimprovement! Hilarious snaps reveal renovations that went VERY wrong – from a tree planted in front of a garage to a toilet in the middle of the room
- Daily Stuff rounded up a selection of renovation mishaps from around the world
- The disasters include a collapsed balcony and a tree planted in front of a garage
- Elsewhere, one amateur created a makeshift shower head using a plastic bottle
- While another person clumsily fixed their very worn-out sofa using grey tape
More than a year of lockdown has turned people’s attention to home improvements and renovations, but when things go wrong you might wish that you’d left well enough alone.
To prove that point, Daily Stuff has rounded up a selection of renovation mishaps from around the world that prove how you can end up worse off if you call in a cowboy builder, or attempt a bit of DIY when you don’t know what you’re doing.
Among the disasters is a balcony that completely collapsed due to its thin and unsupported wooden beams, and a huge tree that was planted in front of a garage entrance.
Elsewhere, one amateur attempted to create a makeshift shower head using a pierced bottle, and another person clumsily fixed their sofa using grey tape.
Here, FEMAIL reveals a variety of renovation failures that will make you pick up the phone to a professional when you’re considering home improvements.
Daily Stuff rounded up a selection of renovation mishaps from around the world, including an amateur who built a see-through glass door directly in front of their toilet – and no walls
Among the DIY disasters is a balcony that completely collapsed due to its thin and unsupported wooden beams
Elsewhere, one building disaster, which the location for is not known, saw a flimsy staircase have a midway break halfway up the wall, leaving people unable to get up or down it
Share this article
Another person proved some people aren’t qualified to fix their homes after they planted a giant tree directly in front of the entrance to their garage
One creative DIY amateur, whose location is unknown, hilariously attempted to create a makeshift shower head using a pierced bottle
Rather than buying a new sofa, one person decided to fix the holes in their couch by keeping it all together using grey tape
Another unfortunate person, whose location is unknown, ended up with their toilet at a rather bizarre angle after it was installed
One horrendous building failure in Russia proved that one person wasn’t looking at what they were doing as they installed the windows halfway out of the frames
While another person installed their new sink but failed to use a tap that was big enough to reach the second half of the sink, rendering it partly useless
What on earth? One person, whose location is unknown, couldn’t help but share a snap of a failure which saw the window pane put in at an angle compared to the window
Creative! One DIY amateur came up with a hilarious solution after their tap broke – they decided to use a plastic straw to direct the water into the sink
Leaning tower of Pisa! Another failure left people baffled after the entire property was constructed at a slight angle, making it look like it was ready to topple
Another builder, whose location is unknown, was clearly taking a nap while constructing this staircase, as it left people unable to walk up it without doing some daring climbing
Elsewhere, another devastating building failure saw one person install a door that was slightly too long, meaning they had to shatter the floor to make it fit
What were they thinking? One person hysterically decided to install the toilet roll holder in the shower, meaning the loo roll was out of reach of the user – and would get completely soaked
One extremely crowded kitchen was sure to cause an accident as the fridge door opened into the doorway, and the oven and microwave doors opened into the back of the door
Another hilarious failure saw a balcony built in the way of a lamppost, leaving the builder to come up with this rather inventive solution to the problem
Another person, whose location is not known, bizarrely decided to place a toilet and sink in the middle of their dining room, not giving anyone much privacy
One hysterical failure saw a tube light proving to be too long for the room, so it instead disappeared into the wall
That’s irritating! One homeowner, whose location is unknown, was surely left seething after realising that their tiles didn’t line up properly with the carpet
Another amusing DIY failure saw a tiny staircase built below a walkway that wasn’t tall enough for anyone to use, and also didn’t go anywhere
While this homeowner, whose location is unknown, was surely left fuming after realising that they would have to climb over a radiator every time they opened the door
Another homeowner, whose location is unknown, clearly did not take their height into account when building their staircase, as they were left having to crawl once they reached the top
How did they manage that? One baffling failure saw a toilet somehow only installed halfway before disappearing completely into the wall
Another baffling doorway installation saw someone install their door floating in midair above their radiator, meaning people would have to climb up to use the door
Doorstops are usually a handy invention to stop them slamming, but one DIY amateur failed to test the device and it proved useless as it didn’t line up with the wall properly
Another bathroom failure saw the toilet roll holder installed inside a cupboard, meaning people would have to pre-prepare themselves with loo roll
Source: Read Full Article