Liam Smith vs Anthony Fowler: UK start time, live stream, TV channel, undercard, ring walk times
ANTHONY FOWLER takes on Liam Smith in a mouthwatering super-welterweight 'Battle of Liverpool'.
The 30-year-old Fowler steps up against former world champion Smith, 33, in the biggest test of his career to headline a stacked card in Merseyside.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
When is Smith vs Fowler?
- Liam Smith vs Anthony Fowler takes place on Saturday, October 9.
- The M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool plays host.
- Expect the main event ring walks at around 10pm.
- The super-welterweight clash is set for 12 x 3min rounds.
What TV channel and live stream is Smith vs Fowler on?
Smith vs Fowler will be broadcast live on DAZN.
DAZN costs £7.99 per month for subscribers.
What is the full undercard?
Ted Cheeseman returns to action against unbeaten Troy Williamson as he defends his British super-welterweight title.
While Shannon Courtenay puts her WBA bantamweight title on the line against Jamie Mitchell.
The fight will be Courtenay's first defence of the belt she won by defeating Ebanie Bridges back in April.
- Ted Cheeseman vs Troy Williamson (British super-welterweight title)
- Shannon Courtenay vs Jamie Mitchell (WBA bantamweight title)
- Pete McGrail vs TBA
- Kieron Conway vs JJ Metcalf (super-welterweight)
- Luke Willis vs Rylan Charlton (super-lightweight)
- Tasha Jonas vs TBA (lightweight)
- Solomon Dacres vs Kamil Sokolowski (heavyweight)
- Rhiannon Dixon vs Anaelle Angerville (lightweight)
- Blane Hyland vs Santiago San Eusebio
What have they said?
Smith: "I've never lost to a domestic fighter as a pro. I’ll beat Anthony Fowler; I’ll never lose to a domestic fighter. That’s a good little record to have.
"I turned pro and I’ve had 30-odd fights and I’ve never lost to a Brit. If I beat Fowler, I’m not going to fight another domestic fighter again, unless it’s a [Chris] Eubank or someone like that.
"I’m confident that I beat Anthony Fowler every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If I turn up at 100% then I beat Anthony Fowler. The way I see the fight going, it’ll be competitive early doors and then experience, cuteness and everything else will come on. I’ll stop him down the straight."
Promoter Eddie Hearn: "This is the biggest night of boxing we've ever put on in Liverpool. The biggest Saturday night fight card we've put on since I've promoted boxing.
"This fight is a fight that quite frankly I hadn't even thought of a couple of months ago. Liam Smith went to Russia and was robbed in a fight which should have taken him on to challenge for a world title.
"Anthony Fowler has improved and improved under the tutelage of Shane McGuigan and wants all the big challenges."
Source: Read Full Article