Bachelor execs tapped Emmanuel Acho to replace Chris Harrison as Paradise host but chose David Spade due to job conflict

BACHELOR execs tapped Emmanuel Acho to replace Chris Harrison as the Bachelor in Paradise host.

David Spade was eventually hired as Emmanuel had a job conflict.



The 56-year-old actor was announced that the longtime host's replacement on Wednesday.

A source exclusively told The Sun that The Bachelor producers wanted Emmanuel – who hosted the After The Final Rose Bachelor finale in March – to be the full-time host of the upcoming season of Bachelor in Paradise.

The 30-year-old couldn’t commit because of his work schedule, so they ended up choosing a rotating combo of celebs to fill in as host.

The insider said: "Emmanuel Acho was the first pick to host Paradise but his other work commitments got in the way of the show’s scheduling.

"It’s likely he will be briefly appear on the show as one of the hosts, though."


The source concluded: "That’s what execs are gunning for if his schedule allows it.”

Page Six broke the news on Wednesday that Chris , 49, will not host the upcoming season of Bachelor in Paradise, with David stepping in to fill his shoes.

David has proven to be familiar with The Bachelor franchise, as the actor has built a cult following among fellow fans due to his hilarious commentary about the show, which he often shares on his Instagram account.

Sources told the outlet that David was chosen to replace Chris because he’s a superfan.

The insider explained that David is a perfect fit to fill the role, stating: “The producers want to put some fun in the show. They think it’s become too serious.”


The new season of Bachelor in Paradise will begin airing on ABC on August 16.

Chris previously announced he was stepping down from the show after he found himself at the center of a racism scandal.

The controversy kicked off when photos resurfaced of contestant Rachael Kirkconnell attending an "old south" party.


Rachael K. competed to win over Matt James on the most recent season of The Bachelor, while she eventually won the season.

Chris defended the contestant while being interviewed by former Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay on Extra, stating: "We all need to have a little grace, a little understanding, a little compassion. Because I've seen some stuff online… again, this 'judge, jury, executioner' thing where people are just tearing this girl's life apart."

Following backlash, Chris stepped down from the show and publicly apologized to Rachel.

While talking to GMA's Michael Strahan, Chris said: "I am saddened and shocked at how insensitive I was in that interview with Rachel Lindsay. I can't believe I didn't speak against antebellum parties, what they stand for.

"I stand against all forms of racism, and I am deeply sorry to Rachel Lindsay and to the Black community."

He claimed that he apologized to Rachel and did so again during the interview, stating: "To anyone who is throwing hate at Lindsay, please stop. It is unacceptable."

Chris will also not host the upcoming season of The Bachelorette as former stars Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe stepped in as hosts.

    Source: Read Full Article