The Jungle Book – animated vs live action cast: Who plays who?
The Jungle Book follows Mowgli, an orphaned boy raised in the Indian jungle by wolves. The Walt Disney production sees Mowgli’s closest friends Bagheera the panther and Baloo the bear try to convince him to leave the jungle before the evil tiger Shere Khan arrives.
The Jungle Book was first released in 1967 and initially became Disney’s second-highest-grossing animated film in the US and Canada.
Disney first released a live-action adaptation in 1994 and an animated sequel, The Jungle Book 2, in 2003.
In 2016 another live-action remake directed by Jon Favreau was released.
The film received praise for its visual effects, vocal performances, direction, musical score, and its faithfulness to the original animated film.
- Mowgli reviews: What do critics say about Netflix’s live action Mowgli
Who plays who in The Jungle Book animated film cast?
Bruce Reitherman as Mowgli, an orphaned boy, commonly referred to as “man-cub” by the other characters.
Phil Harris as Baloo, a sloth bear who leads a carefree life and believes in letting the good things in life come by themselves.
Sebastian Cabot as Bagheera, a serious black panther who is determined to take Mowgli back to the village and disapproves of Baloo’s carefree approach to life.
Louis Prima as King Louie, an orangutan who wants to be a human, and wants Mowgli to teach him how to make fire.
George Sanders as Shere Khan, an intelligent and sophisticated yet merciless Bengal tiger who hates all humans for fear of their guns and fire and wants to kill Mowgli.
Sterling Holloway as Kaa, an Indian python who also seeks Mowgli as prey, but comically fails each time he attempts to eat him.
- J Pat O’Malley as Colonel Hathi the Indian elephant/Buzzie the Vulture
- Verna Felton as Winifred, Colonel Hathi’s wife
- Clint Howard as Junior, Colonel Hathi’s son
- Chad Stuart as Flaps the Vulture
- Lord Tim Hudson as Dizzie the Vulture
- John Abbott as Akela the Indian wolf
- Ben Wright as Rama the Father Wolf
- Darleen Carr as the Human Girl
- Leo De Lyon as Flunkey the Langur
- Hal Smith as The Slob Elephant
- Ralph Wright as The Gloomy Elephant
- Digby Wolfe as Ziggy the Vulture
- Bill Skiles and Pete Henderson as Monkeys
Disney Plus: The films and series you DIDN’T know were on Disney Plus [INSIGHT]
Disney+ UK: NEW poll reveals Britain’s most nostalgic Disney movie [POLL]
One of the best ways to stream Disney+ in 4K just got a HUGE price cut [EXPLAINER]
- Mowgli on Netflix: Who plays the voices of Baghera and Shere Khan?
Who plays who in The Jungle Book live action film?
Neel Sethi as Mowgli. After extensive search, newcomer Neel Sethi was confirmed for the role, with casting director Rebecca Williams describing him as embodying “the heart, humor, and daring of the character.”
Ben Kingsley as Bagheera, a black panther who is Mowgli’s mentor and protector.
Bill Murray as Baloo, Mowgli’s best friend.
Idris Elba as Shere Khan, a fearsome, scarred Bengal tiger with a blinded left eye who wishes to kill Mowgli.
Lupita Nyong’o as Raksha, an Indian wolf who is Mowgli’s adoptive mother.
Scarlett Johansson as Kaa, a gigantic reticulated python.
Giancarlo Esposito as Akela, a male Indian wolf who leads the pack.
Christopher Walken as King Louie, a giant ape who rules the Bandar-log.
Garry Shandling as Ikki, an Indian porcupine that observes the Water Truce, a character not featured in the original film.
Brighton Rose as Grey Brother, an Indian wolf pup who is the youngest of Mowgli’s adoptive siblings.
- Jon Favreau as Fred, a pygmy hog
- Sam Raimi as an Indian giant squirrel
- Russell Peters as Rocky, an Indian rhinoceros
- Madeleine Favreau as Raquel, an Indian rhinoceros
- Sara Arrington as a Nilgai
Source: Read Full Article