Coronavirus patient ‘bites nurse’s FACE after she tried to stop him escaping from quarantine’ – The Sun

A CORONAVIRUS patient reportedly bit the face of a nurse who was trying to prevent him from escaping from quarantine.

Cops are said to have arrested the man, who had been found to have Covid-19, after he bit a Chinese nurse as he tried to escape the authorities.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates

Images of Wang Hong show her swollen face covered with blood, bruises and a laceration under her left eye, which she reportedly sustained when patient Okonkwonwoye Chika Patrick, 47, allegedly bit her while resisting treatment.

According to local police, the incident happened at 7.28pm local time on April 1, inside the quarantine ward at Guangzhou Eighth People’s Hospital, in the capital of Guangdong Province in South China.

Patrick, a Nigerian passport holder, arrived in China on March 20 when he tested positive for Covid-19.

He was sent to Guangzhou Eighth People’s Hospital on March 23, the authorities said.

Ms Wang, a fever clinic nurse, was attempting to conduct further tests on Mr Patrick when he reportedly refused and tried to walk out of the hospital’s quarantine ward.

Guangzhou police said Mr Patrick “pushed” Ms Wang to the ground, “beat her up” and then “bit” the health worker on the face.

He was subdued by hospital security staff and handed over to local officers, who now have him detained in “supervised quarantine treatment”.

He is to be charged once he is released from treatment, the police said.

Footage taken by one of Ms Wang’s colleagues show her sobbing while standing in shock and revealing the injuries on her face.

The hospital said Ms Wang suffered injuries to her face, neck and waist.

She was wearing personal protective equipment at the time of the incident, and has been tested for exposure to a variety of possible infections, including Covid-19.

Guangzhou Eighth People’s Hospital, which is the largest infectious diseases facility across China’s southern regions, said it had increased security after the incident.

Further investigations are understood to be ongoing.

Source: Read Full Article