Donald Trump ‘furious’ at poor Tulsa rally turnout as supporters blame TikTok ‘trolls’ and K-Pop fans for ‘sabotage’ – The Sun

DONALD Trump was reportedly left furious after a poor turnout to his hotly anticipated "comeback" rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday.

Supporters of the President blamed "Tik Tok trolls" and K-Pop fans for reserving tickets with no intention of going after swathes of seats were left empty at the BOK Center.


Donald Trump and his re-election campaign had previously boasted that nearly one million people registered online to attend the rally at the BOK Center, which holds 19,000 seats.

But a spokesman from the Tulsa Fire Department said on Sunday that only 6,200 tickets had been scanned for the rally – with much of stadium clearly left empty.

The Sun reported last week that K-pop fans and TikTok users were trolling the President and reserving tickets for his comeback rally with no plans to actually attend.

The Trump campaign was quick to hit back at suggestions it had been duped, claiming it had weeded out "bogus numbers" of online trolls who had falsely signed up for tickets.

But the President's team didn't cap tickets at venue capacity – meaning that if enough supporters had actually turned up, they would have been allowed entry.

'SCARED AWAY'

Trump and his team has since blasted the "fake news media" instead for scaring supporters away from the rally over coronavirus fears, as well as "bad people" protesting near to the venue.

In a furious statement, the President's campaign manager Brad Parscale wrote: "Leftists and online trolls doing a victory lap, thinking they somehow impacted rally attendance, don't know what they're talking about or how our rallies work.

"Reporters who wrote gleefully about TikTok and K-Pop fans – without contacting the campaign for comment – behaved unprofessionally and were willing dupes to the charade."

He claimed the news media warned people to stay “away from the rally because of COVID and protestors.”

And that this, “coupled with recent images of American cities on fire, had a real impact on people bringing their families and children to the rally.”

Pascale said it’s made the campaign “wonder why we bother credentialing media for events when they don’t do their full jobs as professionals.”


The event was blighted by other problems, with the President scrapping a 7pm address when what was expected to be an "overflow" crowd outside failed to materialise.

Democrats and political analysts criticised the Trump team's handling of the rally, claiming that teenagers had "struck a savage blow" to the rally's hopes.

Political strategist Steve Schmidt tweeted that he was "dead serious" when he said his daughter and her friends reserved "hundreds" of tickets.

"The teens of America have struck a savage blow against @realDonaldTrump. All across America teens ordered tickets to this event. The fools on the campaign bragged about a million tickets. lol," he said.

New York representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez also mocked Donald Trump, alleging that his rally's attendance numbers were so low because he got tricked by TikTokers.

She tweeted: ""Actually you just got ROCKED by teens on TikTok who flooded the Trump campaign w/ fake ticket reservations & tricked you into believing a million people wanted your white supremacist open mic enough to pack an arena during COVID."

"Shout out to Zoomers," she added. "Y’all make me so proud."

Mary Jo Laupp, 51, from Fort Dodge, Iowa, appeared to have jump-started the movement on TikTok when she posted a video encouraging her followers to go to Trump’s website and register for the rally, but not show up.

“I recommend all of those of us that want to see this 19,000-seat auditorium barely filled or completely empty go reserve tickets now and leave him standing alone there on the stage,” Laupp told her followers.

People continued the trend on Twitter where several users received hundreds of likes.



Source: Read Full Article