Madeleine McCann suspect's lawyer 'has evidence that clears client'
Madeleine McCann prime suspect Christian Brueckner’s lawyer says Britons will ‘fall off their chair’ when he reveals the evidence he says he found that clears his client
- Friedrich Fulscher say when he reveals information ‘you will fall off your chair’
- Convicted paedophile Christian Brueckner, 43, was accused of kidnap this year
- German prosecutor isn’t expecting any new developments until next year
The lawyer of the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s abduction says people will ‘fall off their chair’ when he reveals new evidence which allegedly clears his client’s name.
Convicted paedophile Christian Brueckner, 43, was accused by German police earlier this year of kidnapping the three-year-old in Portugal in 2007.
However his lawyer, Friedrich Fulscher, insists he is innocent. Mr Fulscher claims that an anonymous source has provided ‘vital information’ which will make Brits ‘fall off their chair’.
He told The Sun: ‘I cannot go into details but it is very significant and involves someone who has provided me with vital information.
‘When I reveal it you will fall off your chair.’
Friedrich Fulscher (left), the lawyer representing Madeleine McCann prime suspect Christian Brueckner (right), claims that an anonymous source has provided ‘vital information’ which will make Brits ‘fall off their chair’ and prove his client’s innocence
Mr Fulscher, who has previously admitted he wouldn’t let his client babysit his daughter, is sure that the case will not go to court.
Madeleine went missing while on holiday with her family in Praia da Luz resort in Portugal in May 2007.
Her distraught parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were desperate for the German police investigation to put an end to their ongoing ordeal.
However it was revealed last week that the German prosecutor, Hans Christian Wolters, isn’t expecting any new developments on the case until next year at the earliest.
He added that he was sure they have the right man during an interview with Portugese TV show Sexta as 9 on Friday, even though there was ‘no smoking gun’ evidence against Brueckner.
Fulscher also hit out at German prosecutors for suggesting Madeleine (pictured) is dead, saying they have shown him no evidence
He said: ‘All I can say is this [is] like a puzzle and there are many pieces that lead us to believe Christian B is responsible.’
Convicted burglar Helge Busching contacted the Met Police Operation Grange unit in 2017 to implicate Brueckner in Madeleine’s abduction.
He was in custody in Greece at the time for people trafficking charges. But Mr Fulscher is suspicious as to why Busching waited ten years after Brueckner allegedly told him he was involved to come forward to the police.
However, Busching last night told The Sun: ‘I don’t give a **** what [his] lawyer says. [Christian Brueckner] is guilty.’
Last week Mr Fulscher told the Daily Mirror: ‘I’d let him look after my dogs but I wouldn’t let him look after my children or my daughter – if I had them.
‘He could be my dogsitter, yes, but because of his record I would not let him look after my own daughter.’
Fulscher, who has in the past described Brueckner as a ‘friendly conversationalist’, also opened up about what it has been like stepping into the media spotlight around the Madeleine case.
He admitted that ‘I don’t sleep as well as I used to’, partly due to threats he started receiving when he took on the case.
‘I’ve had threats, lots of them, some of them death threats,’ he said. ‘Some of them have been online and some of them have been on the phone.
‘I have pressed charges on some of them. I’ve also been told my life is in danger for looking into the Madeleine McCann case.’
He also said that he has been to Portugal to review years-worth of evidence collected in the case, and uncovered some ‘completely new’ information.
Madeleine vanished from a resort in Praia da Luz in 2007, and investigators say phone signals place Brueckner – who has multiple sex convictions including against children – in the area
Fulscher refused to reveal what it is, but called it ‘big’, adding: ‘It certainly surprised me.’
Madeleine has not been seen since 2007 and nobody has ever been charged over the disappearance, but earlier this year, British investigators unveiled Brueckner as their new prime suspect.
Born in Germany in 1976, he moved to the Algarve in 1995 after serving part of a two-year sentence for molesting a six-year-old girl.
There, he is thought to have become involved in the local drugs trade before raping an American pensioner in 2005 – a charge he denies.
Prosecutors say that, on the night of Madeleine’s disappearance, signal from a phone tower in Praia da Luz places Brueckner in the area.
Shortly after Madeleine’s disappearance he moved back to Germany, where he was subsequently jailed on drug charges.
He was convicted of sexual abuse of a child and possession of child pornography in 2016, before being jailed for the rape of the American woman in 2018.
He is currently in prison in Kiel, 55 miles north of Hamburg, where he is appealing against that conviction.
German prosecutors also named Brueckner as the prime suspect in Madeleine’s disappearance, saying they have ‘concrete evidence that she was killed.
However, parents Kate and Jerry McCann say they have not been shown that evidence, and Fulscher says he has not been sent a single document from the German side.
‘It is not comprehensible how a public prosecutor’s office can repeatedly approach the media and make statements like: “We are firmly convinced that Christian B is the right person and the perpetrator and killed this girl”, but then at the same time we are told that they don’t have the crucial evidence,’ he said.
Madeleine’s case officially remains a ‘missing persons’ inquiry, and her parents say that – until evidence of her death is uncovered – they hope she will be found alive.
Source: Read Full Article