Samuel Olson's stepmom Theresa Balboa 'was moving boy's body to another state when busted after reporting him missing'

THE stepmother of missing Samuel Olson was allegedly moving the boy's body to another state when she was arrested by police, court documents say.

Theresa Balboa, 29, was jailed on Tuesday night and charged with evidence tampering after the body of a child believed to be missing Samuel was found inside her motel room in Jasper, Texas.

Read our Samuel Olson live blog for the very latest news and updates…

In a motion of bail obtained by The Sun, prosecutors cite Balboa to be a flight risk alleging that she was "on her way to Louisiana with [Samuel's] body" when she was apprehended.

The state of Texas then requested the Court to a bond of $500,000, which was later approved.

It came as Balboa was transferred from Jasper County jail back to Harris County where she reported Samuel missing on May 27.

She arrived at the Harris County jail in downtown just before 6.30am, and is due to appear in probable cause court later today.

Police have not yet officially identified the remains found in Balboa's room but believe they belong to Samuel.

"An autopsy examination of the … body will be performed to determine a cause and manner of death, and additional charges may be filed," the documents state.

Police believe Samuel died on May 10 – 17 days before he was reported missing.

Balboa had been caring for the boy since April 30 – the last time he was seen publicly by anyone outside of his family, police say.

Court documents released on Thursday state that Balboa's roommate, Benjamin Rivera, told investigators that he was called by Balboa on May 10 who informed him that Samuel was dead.

Rivera said he raced out of work and returned home to find Samuel laying on the bed unresponsive.

He told police he noticed bruising on the child's body, according to prosecutors.

The roommate said he and Balboa moved the child's body to a bathtub where he remained for two days.

Then on May 13, he claims he bought duct tape and a plastic tote from Wal-Mart and that he and Balboa wrapped Samuel’s body in a plastic sheet, placed it into a tote bag, and put the body on the back of his truck.

They then drove to a storage unit in Webster and left the body there until June 1, court documents say.

A staff member at the Life Storage where Samuel's body was allegedly stored told The Sun on Friday: "It's been an overwhelming day."

The worker, who declined to be named, appeared visibly upeset by the news.

A car wash worker next door to the facility added: “What the hell is wrong with people? Even if it was an accident … for them to go and put the baby in there [the storage unit] it’s sickening.”

More to follow…

For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.

The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click hereLike us on Facebook at and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS.

    Source: Read Full Article